Runescape account renting is a popular way for many players, both beginners, and professionals that create a passive income stream. Despite this fact, the official rules of the game strictly prohibit the sale and transfer of a game accounts (this also applies to gold) to third parties. I already have some experience regarding this topic and I would like to share with you. Yes, I have rented accounts before! I collected the most useful tips which you can use to minimize your chances of getting an account lock or avoiding issues altogether.
Useful tips to keep your rented account secure:
No one can guarantee a hundred percent safety. It all depends on you. Just using these tips, you can minimize the risks.
If you are a streamer (or you are YouTuber) and you have your channel on YouTube or twitch, then I strongly advise you not to play on a rented account. It is better to avoid unnecessary attention, do your own thing, and only after that start streaming.
- Try not to violate the rules of the game/server (besides the account renting itself). Do not attract the attention of other players or mods. Try to act in a way that would suggest you didn’t break the rules.
- Do not keep too much gold. (As soon as you have collected the required amount of gold, withdraw it!)
- Use extreme caution when transferring gold. (There is a chance that due to suspicious actions there may be problems with the transfer)
- Use the purchased account solely for personal purposes and do not transfer login data anyone else.
- I do not recommend changing the account information. (It is not necessary to change the username, password if you rent, etc. This will only lead to loss of access to the account.)
- If you contact other players, use only the private chat. (This is necessary to preserve confidentiality)
- Always stay in the duel arena. (If you want to simply have fun instead of making gold, then use your personal account. You need to focus on staking or farming!)
- Always be in the same world. (Do not jump from world to world!)